The lighthouse of Calella, one of the symbols of the town, is located in the same location where an old medieval watchtower was raised. It was inaugurated in 1859.

The telescopic device had been constructed in Paris and their rays extended, in normal conditions, 18 miles. Initially its combustible was with olive oil, but later replaced by paraffin and later by petroleum.

In 1916 was installed an electrical system, which was replaced in 1927 for another one that had more power, and with a length of light of 33 miles.
© Pensión Casa Austria · Not to Reproduce · Legal Warning · Design: